5 ways to prevent skin damage and stop premature aging
Our skin cells, like every other cell in our body, undergo the process of breakdown regularly. New cells form in its place. Skin can become damaged by factors like air pollution, stress, and sunlight.
Cell damage leads to premature aging and can cause wrinkles, pigmentation, acne and spots. However! You can heal your skin from inside and help prevent cell damage. In this blogpost I will let you in on a few beauty secrets to regenerate your skin.
5 beauty secrets to regenerate your skin
- Get a good night sleep! Our cells repair and regenerate during the night. Not enough sleep damages collagen functioning and leads to skin damage.
- Eat your fruit and veggies. All fresh fruits and vegetables contain magical powers when it comes to shiny hair, clear skin, and strong nails. In this blogpost you can read about 5 fruits and veggies with powerful beauty benefits. Vitamin E - for example - is a classic antioxidant that helps to protect skin from premature aging and destruction of connective tissues caused by free radical formation induced by UV radiation and chemical environmental influences. If you want to help your skin from the outside, take a look at our Natural Vitamin E Skin Drops in our shop.
- Exfoliation is essential when it comes to repairing and brightening the complexion. Regular exfoliating also helps to reduce breakouts as it removes the dead skin cells that trap oil, it cleanses away dull, tired, dry skin and encourages fresher cells to form. You can use homemade scrubs (for example from oats, honey, coffee, sugar) or have a look at our well-formulated natural gentle Rose Powder scrub for a silky, smooth & soft skin.
- Use (homemade) face masks to help in repairing and regenerating the damaged skin cells. You can have a look at our Marine Silt Mask. Marine sand and mud have been used for generations in the care and repair of the skin, and have shown to help against signs of aging. This firming, nourishing mask will naturally replenish your skin with essential minerals and leave it deeply moisturised.
- Sandalwood helps in regenerating the damaged cells and repairing skin cells. It helps in fighting skin infection and inflammation and can be used if you have wrinkles and age spots.
With these insights you can choose the way you want to regenerate your skin and prevent it from premature aging.